Taxotere Hair Loss Lawsuit-Things To Know USA 2021

Introduction: Taxotere Hair Loss Lawsuit-Things To Know USA 2021

The Taxotere hair loss lawsuit has filed more than 10,000 breast cancers survivors and their families. Many manufacturers including LLC have hidden the risk of permanent hair loss after Taxotere.

Litigation is going on and no settlements are made till now. The first trial took place in 2019 and some additional trials were also included by 2020.

What is Taxotere?

Taxotere is a chemotherapy drug manufactured by Sanofi Aventis after the US food and drugs administration approved it in May 1996.

The use of Taxotere is to treat an array of cancers but it is mostly prescribed to treat patients suffering from breast cancer.

The drug is also used as an adjuvant treatment in the combination of other two drugs named doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide.

This chemotherapy drug is also approved to treat non-small cell lung cancer, prostate cancer, stomach cancer, and yes neck and head cancer.

Is it still used?

Yes, the Taxotere chemotherapy drug is one of the most prescribed drugs to treat breast cancer. Some studies have shown that 75 percent of breast cancer patients will receive this chemotherapy drug for treatment purposes.

What Is Taxotere Hair Loss?

Taxotere is a chemotherapy drug that is given to breast cancer patients. You may start losing your hair about 2 weeks after the first treatment.

The loss of hair could be more quickly even in 2-3 days and this loss of hair due to Taxotere chemotherapy drug is known as Taxotere hair loss.

Any hair loss is pretty common in chemotherapy and in most cases, your hair will start growing back a week after the treatment is done.

But in the case of Taxotere, there is some evidence that it can cause permanent baldness after the treatment is finished which is not a common side effect of chemotherapy drugs.

What Is The Status Of The Taxotere Lawsuit?

The lawsuit says that Taxotere manufacturers knew that Taxotere can cause permanent loss of hair or alopecia.

But they failed to warn the doctors and patients about the risk. Plaintiffs also have accused the manufacturer of falsely marketing, a chemotherapy drug used in the treatment of breast cancer.

All the cases filed by the breast cancer survivors and their families have been centralized under multi-district litigation which aims to increase efficiency by allowing a single overall these cases.

The US judicial panel has created an MDL panel in October 2016, transferring 33 lawsuits from 16 districts to eastern Louisiana.

At the same time, another 56 related lawsuits were pending in 25 districts. As of April 29th, 11,430 Taxotere lawsuits were pending.

Taxotere hair loss lawsuits: Do you Quality It?

All the breast cancer survivors who were prescribed Taxotere before December 2015 and have experienced permanent baldness and alopecia are eligible for compensation.

As we know losing hair is a very common side effect of using chemotherapy drugs but permanent baldness is not a side effect.

Alopecia is disfiguring condition, especially for women. Women suffer physical, emotional, and financial losses, including the cost of wigs.

Taxotere Permanent Hair Loss: Is it the fault of manufactures?

The women and their families suing allege the manufacturers were aware of the relationship between permanent baldness and Taxotere chemotherapy drug use and failed to warn the patients and doctors about it.

The lawsuits have also alleged that manufacturers have marketed the Taxotere chemotherapy drug as more effective than other chemotherapy drugs.

But the reality is that even other chemotherapy drugs are equally effective and they also do not include the risk of permanent baldness.

The Class Action Were Denied

Presently there is no certified class-action lawsuit over claims that Taxotere chemotherapy drug causes permanent baldness.

In December 2016, three women filed a Taxotere class-action lawsuit. In April 2017 the women asked the court to certify the class.

But in July 2017, a judge denied the request for class certain certification. According to the court, there were too many differences in the cases for them to consider a class that’s why they denied the request.

The different claims were:

  • Whether the name of brand Taxotere was administered or not.
  • The number of cycles of treatment took place.
  • Description of the alleged injury.
  • Whether the dosage of the Taxotere chemotherapy drug was administered.

Diminishes The Quality Of Life

Losing of hair has become one of the most distressing side effects for cancer patients and has a profound effect on the quality of life they live.

Some of the studies have shown that 9 percent of breast cancer patients have suffered from permanent baldness for a decade or more.

It has been seen that there is a severe decrease in their quality of life, getting negatively affected by their body image and getting depression and distress.

What Are The Long Term Effects Of Taxotere Chemotherapy Drug?

Along with some common side effects, it also has some threatening adverse side effects. I would say that this chemotherapy drug carries a black box warning for several adverse effects associated with it.

The black box includes:

  • Toxic Deaths: It increases the chances for a patient to suffer from liver infection especially those who are prescribed for high doses.
  • Hepatotoxicity: The patients who got exposed to these drugs can cause liver damage. It is very common in patients with abnormal liver function or elevated LFT. Hepatotoxicity can cause severe complications even be harmful to our life.
  • Fluid Retention: The labels on Taxotere warn that the condition may reach severe levels for some breast cancer patients.
  • Neutropenia: A low neutrophils count makes breast cancer patients more likely to contract the bacterial infection. If this bacterial infection is not treated with time it can cause severe health conditions and may even cause death.
  • Hypersensitivity Reactions: when I talk about the reaction it means reactions like a rash, low blood pressure, and yes fatal anaphylaxis. Patients who have received dexamethasone premedication are more susceptible for developing these reaction conditions.

Acknowledging Questions: Taxotere Hair Loss Lawsuit- Things To Know USA 2021

Does Taxotere Cause Permanent Hair Loss?

Just to put what you have written, there is about a 6 percent of chance that you will lose your hair permanently. There is a 94 percent chance that you will not lose your hair permanently.

I want you guys to look at things differently. which is more important for you to beat cancer or cancelling your treatment because you are worried about permanent baldness.

We understand for women it is much more than a man, it is a very difficult dilemma and I am no one to make decisions for yourself.

I am pretty sure that you will make the right decision for yourself.

Will My Hair Grow Back After Taxotere?

Taxotere chemotherapy drugs are used for the treatment of breast cancer for the past 20 years. According to researchers, Taxotere is a chemotherapy drug that is responsible for permanent baldness. Even if it is used with other chemotherapy drugs.

The interesting fact is that the Taxotere chemotherapy drug affects many cells such as fingernails and those who are found in the mucous membranes.

However, patients undergoing chemotherapy with Taxotere drug can regrow their hair after the course of treatment is completed.

When Is Taxotere Hair Loss Timing?

Yes, the Taxotere chemotherapy drug indeed causes hair loss. Most people lose their hair, including eyebrows, eyelashes, and body hair.

You may start losing your hair after a couple of weeks of your first treatment, but there is a chance that you start looking at your hair after.

Though the loss of hair is pretty gradual it can also happen very quickly like over a couple of days after your first treatment.

Conclusion: Taxotere Hair Loss Lawsuit- Things To Know USA 2021

Ami Dodson was the first woman who filed a permanent alopecia lawsuit against Sanofi manufacturers. According to the court documents, Dodson had a left breast biopsy on March 3, 2010.

Doctors have found a tumor in her breast. After she had a partial mastectomy, Dodson spoke with her doctor about the chemotherapy.

Neither she nor the doctor was aware of the risk of permanent baldness. After the treatment was finished she never grew her hair back again.

If you liked this post on the Taxotere Hair Loss Lawsuit- Things To Know USA 2021. And seeking for How To Sell Home Decor Products Online USA 2021 you may also visit:

How To Sell Home Decor Products Online USA 2021

Leave a Comment